Friday, June 6, 2008

Obama vs. Clinton - Is It Over?

It appears that the two may have done some "talking nice" last night, however, the details are secret so far. I can imagine HRC offering to sacrifice herself to help and take the dreaded VP spot. Obama then ponders that while he might be able to abide her presence in the West Wing, he couldn't fathom having WJC dropping by to chat every day. Or wandering the White House anytime he pleases. I mean, how do you tell an ex-President he can't come into the White House. He probably still has his key.

No, I think Obama will let her think she is on the short list, but he won't tell her which list she is really on. He will NOT pick her as VP.

He may offer her a cabinet post, State is the most likely, although HHS might also be palatable for her to gain the bully pulpit for her health care. My money will be on offering no job at all, but if I had to pick, I would think a Presidential Special Assistant for Health care would be amenable to both. Oh, I mean both Barack and Hillary. Bill will be furious.

No comments: