Thursday, October 23, 2008

Movie Review: W.


I found myself a little worried going into the theatre for the Oliver Stone movie, "W." (that'd be "Dubya"). Oliver has played a little fast and loose with the facts in previous outings, so I was afraid I would be in a forever cringe watching this rendition.
I wasn't disappointed and my face nearly froze in a grimace for the first hour or so, but I came around to see the film for the entertainment it was and began to study the scenes. Josh Brolin is excellent as W. and has picked up the nuance even better then Will Farrell. The others chosen to play major roles was eerie as well, although a little overplayed by Thandie as Condie. But still good.
I would recommend this film to friend or foe of W. His enemies may laugh a little more than his friends and supporters, but there is a sadness throughout that is both poignant and tragic. If Stone's story was true, I cannot see how this man made it to the Presidency. But then I could cite other similar cases.

I left the theatre a little sad, and indeed, felt more than sad for Mr. Bush. I have come to believer that he was out of his element, over his head, and just lost at times. The job IS too big for one person, but it got way ahead of W. very early and he never did catch up. We now can only HOPE.







No comments: