Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where is the Outrage Now?

It sure is getting harder these days to espouse conservative views. Although an Independent, I have to say I lean to the conservative side on occasion. Yet I would not want to be allied with the likes Carl Paladino, Republican candidate for NY governor. Nor would I care to associate with Christine O’Donnell, she of the witchcraft and evolution fame. The list of borderline radicals (I am being nice) is growing and the polls are showing they might have a chance at winning.

Where is the outrage from Rush and Glenn at these foibles and missteps taken by these tea drinking candidates (I wonder if it is tea or electric Kool-Aid?). If these were new Dem candidates with stories of witchcraft, inflated resumes, and questionable spending of campaign funds, they would be all over it like flies on a corpse. Their shows would be pounding and pounding at these indiscretions until someone would yell, “Uncle!”

Instead, they are apologists for these lame-brained late-to-the party Warholians getting their 15 minutes. If the polls are correct, and sometimes they are, then even the electorate must be so dissatisfied with the status quo that they are willing to overlook the warts, and maybe even the moral shortcomings. I just can’t quite get there. We have enough less-than- wholesome members of congress and other elected officials that I would not want to add to that pile. Unfortunately, I think we are headed that way. We need some Divine guidance, and quick.





No comments: