Sunday, January 20, 2008

I Am Legend Review


Well, why not a movie review? Diana and I see a lot of movies now that we are in Arizona for the winter. We saw Will Smith's I Am Legend af few weeks ago and left disappointed.


Now, Will Smith is great, the fx were great and the story had lots of potential. Left to contemplate the story line, one could really become scared. Well, mildly wary.


It was the ending that left us a little short. We felt that many other endings could have been better. Rather, it seemed the screenwriter had to "wrap it up" quickly (It IS a long film), and we kind of wanted more. I am open to other opinions, as always.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being an avid movie lover, I felt obligated to comment! I thought the film was a very interesting take on the novel of the same name and the 1964 and 1971 film adaptations. Will Smith was a good choice for the lead role. It's very interesting to see how his career is constantly changing, starting in comedy, working his way into action and expanding again into more serious roles. I've heard many complaints of not seeing enough of the mutants. I feel that actually enhanced the movie, making it even more suspenseful. I do have to agree, my biggest issue with the film was the ending. While I do think the ending was suitable, it felt like the director was in a rush to get there. Warner Bros. has already given the green light to a sequel set for 2010. I am very eager to see where the director/producers take this series in the future.

Heidi said...

I am also an avid movie fan. This movie was one of the best movies I have seen in years! Its too bad that you did not enjoy this movie, are there any movies you enjoy? I saw this movie at the Imax, and it kept me at the edge of my seat the entire time. The ending was perfect, not what you would expect.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear, Matthew, that there will be a sequel for the writer/director to redeem himself. I will look forward to it.

And yes, Heidi, I do like many films. No Country for Old Men was very good and I will comment on more as I have time. Keep tuning in! JJ