Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Super Bowl Without the Packers




I have finally begun to get over the Green Bay Packers loss to the NY Giants. So close with so many chances. I am not that great an NFL fan, but when our Pack gets this close I can even get my wife to watch.

I am doubly dismayed this year because we are wintering in Arizona, east of Phoenix, waiting to return to our native Wisconsin in April. And I thought for sure the Packers would come here to visit us (well, figuratively). We had already scoped out the University of Phoenix stadium, although we never would have attended the game (have you heard about Phoenix traffic?). We were ready to see many more Wisconsin license plates in the Valley, and even those god-awful cheesehead hats. Not all Wisconsinites follow the Pack, but the numbers increase dramatically when they approach the Super Bowl.

My son-in-law's view was that they'd best not get to the Super Bowl, or they (and we) would be embarrassed by their loss to the Patriots. Well, geez, give up already! I still would have liked to see them play in the great game.

I might even have worn a cheesehead in our resort that day. Do they have size 7-7/8s?

No comments: